[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Qt and QWT

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Qt and QWT
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:28:06 +0100

Bob McGwier schrieb am 2008-02-24 18:34:
Patrick Strasser wrote:
I've seen some messages reagrding Qt and GNU Radio, and some code in the repository. I'd like to use Qt and QWT.

I guess I'm not the first one thinking about Qt, but I could not find any rationals for or against. Any ideas, pitfalls/caveats, experiences?

I am really having a problem right now getting Qt 4.3.X to successfully compile Qwt under F8 x86_64.

I think I had the same problem some weeks ago, that's why I was soon distracted by other things. I really think we should build on QWT primary, that's why this has to work at first.

The first task I set for myself was to take the new hier block 2 version now that it has stablizied and to use the FM stereo receiver as my first example.

I think getting into GNU Radio is a little bit cumbersome although we have a lot of example code. I'm thinking about basic concepts, that were hard to get for me when starting with GNU Radio, but also creating a new GUI application is not a 5-minute-thing. I hope that good graphical elements, like sinks with rich interface, or a graphical filter designer, or a FFT-sink combined with a filter designer etc. could help people in getting to powerful applications in short time.

I also wanted to add the nascent RDS code to it so we could get that going as well.

One more candidate for a "connect this to your flowgraph and it will do the Right Thing".

What I need is ten more hours in each day.

AOL!

[...] I would really love it if you took this forward and made a start.

I'll see what I can do!

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>