Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Edirol UA-25 24-bit recording

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Edirol UA-25 24-bit recording
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:10:24 -0800

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:00:22PM +0000, Mathis Richter wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm new on this list. I'm working on a radio orienteering project for a
> university course and we are using gnuradio for signal analysis.
>
> I'm trying to get the Edirol UA-25 (USB sound card) to work with
> gnuradio. My test program currently looks like this:
>
> ---snip---
> # UA-25 as audio source
> src0 = audio.source (96000, "hw:1,0");
> # laptop on-board sound card as destination
> dst = audio.sink (44100, "hw:0,0")
> # connect them
> fg.connect ((src0, 0), (dst, 0))
> ---snap---
>
> This works just fine when using 16-bit and a sampling rate of 44.1kHz on
> the UA-25, but I will need 24 bits (with 96kHz). Those settings produce
> the following error however (verbose output):

The code doesn't support S24_3LE because when we wrote it, we didn't
have any cards that used that format, and it wasn't obvious (to me)
exactly how the format was represented.  It would be great if you
could sort this out and submit a patch with the fix.

  http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/PatchSubmissionGuidelines

Let me know if you need more of a clue, and I'll take a look at the
code.

Thanks,
Eric