Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running OFDM files

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running OFDM files
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:53:48 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jose Emilio Gervilla Rega
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> I will give you more details about my problem because someone has asked me
> for them(thank you):
>
> The OFDM system we are using is which is defined in this link:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/branches/developers/n4hy/ofdm/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blksimpl?rev=5763
>
> The file ofdm.py is the transmitter and the other ones are receiver and
> synchronization modules. When I run ofdm.py which I've copied into the
> folder I told you on the other topic(the first one), appear some errors. If
> I type ./ofdm.py the output is:
>
> ./ofdm.py: line 23: import: order not found
> from: can't read /var/mail/numpy
> from: can't read /var/mail/gnuradio
> ./ofdm.py: line 26: import: order not found
> from: can't read /var/mail/gnuradio.blksimpl.ofdm_receiver
> ./ofdm.py: line 35: sintax error near token no hoped `('
> ./ofdm.py: line 35: `class ofdm_mod(gr.hier_block):'

I don't think those files are for running from the shell.

For OFDM examples, why not check out:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gnuradio-examples/python/ofdm?rev=5763

They should be installed on your local system here:

    /usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/ofdm

You might have better success checking out those, especially the
benchmark scripts.

Brian