Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet loss problem (samples dropped?) and f

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet loss problem (samples dropped?) and fusb parameters
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:14:13 -0500

Maybe we can bring this thread up one more time. Michael found me on campus and I've been trying to help with this.

We're attempting to use the 802.15.4 (OQPSK) blocks that a UCLA wireless group wrote, available here:
http://acert.ir.bbn.com/projects/gr-ucla/

Using file source/sinks, we can successfully encode/decode packets with absolutely no packet loss. As soon as we connect the blocks with the USRP, we experience relatively high packet loss (~2%) using coax (very high SNR, low noise). I would expect 0% packet loss, as I see using every single other modulation scheme in GNU Radio with benchmark_tx/rx.

We are generating absolutely no overrun/underrun between the transmitter and receiver, so I'm not exactly sure what could be the problem here.

Any other ideas?

- George

Hsin-mu Tsai wrote:
I didn't change the nice value (with top or nice, etc.). I thought
enabling the real time setting (gr.enable_realtime_scheduling) in the
script will automatically change priority to  (max + min) /2.

are 'priority' and 'nice' the same thing?

Thanks,
-Michael

That all looks well-formed. Are you then running the gnuradio
process with an explicit nice value?

Frank

--
Managing developers is like herding cats.
Managing volunteer developers is like herding bats, in the dark.