Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] connecting the USRP

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] connecting the USRP
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:59:44 -0800

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 12:22:10AM +0200, Ahmet Hasim Gokceoglu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One problem is that we only have multi_2rxhb_2tx.rbf, std.ihx,
> std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf, std_4rx_0tx.rbf usrp_radar_mono.rbf and usrp_sounder.rbf
> files under rev2 file, so does anyone know whether the files under
> /usr/local/share/usrp/rev2 has changed recently.

What do you mean by recently?  I suggest you use the versions that
come in GNU Radio 3.1.1

  http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Download

> Another thing is that we have installed the gnu radio software under
> another file so the exact path for our case is
> /opt/gnuradio/share/usrp/rev2. Does this make any difference? I mean
> do we have to do some extra things for USRP read the necessary
> files.

If you specified  --prefix=/opt/gnuradio when configuring and building
GNU Radio everthing should work fine.  In the event that it doesn't
try setting:

  $ export USRP_PATH=/opt/gnuradio

Note that if you obtained your USRP anytime in the last year or so,
it'll be trying to load from ${prefix}/share/usrp/rev4, not rev2.

Eric