[Discuss-gnuradio] Delay

From: Per Zetterberg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:32:46 +0100

Dear All,

I have made my own little program (based on libusrp) that reads data from a
file and sends it on the DAC of the USRP (basic db) and simultaneously
receives data and saves it on file. All at 2MHz sample-frequency.

It seems to work well. But when I connect the DAC directly to the ADC I see
a delay of 7.65ms. I know that my program introduces some delay but not that
much (I believe). Does anyone know what the minimum delay would be and what
the contributing sources are ? Is it varying between different computers ?

BR/
Per Zetterberg