Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:57:00 -0800

On 3/4/08, Manav Rohil <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I cannot see a carrier frequency specified anywhere in bqpsk.y..Where do
>  i specify the carrier frequency for my transmission...this part is still
>  a bit hazy...

The USRP acts as a direct conversion transmitter.  The QPSK modulated
baseband waveform (constellation) is generated on the host and sent to
the USRP via USB, where it is turned into an analog I and Q baseband
signal with digital to analog converters.  The transmitter
daughterboard generates a local oscillator at the desired carrier
frequency, and a complex mixer modulates this carrier with the I and Q
signals to form your passband transmitted waveform.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC