[Discuss-gnuradio] help with independent branch build

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] help with independent branch build
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:40:32 -0500

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble properly setting up my Makefile.am for an independent source branch.

I have created a cmusdrg library which contains new m-blocks, which I would now like to link to using an external application and run. But, I'm having trouble linking this program to my library properly.

http://cyprus.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/cmusdrg/Makefile.am

If I uncomment the lines at the very bottom of the file and attempt to build run_gmac_rx_file, it complains that _cmusdrg.la is no longer portable because of the swig related issues, I think.

If I add gmsk.cc, gmac.cc, etc... all to run_gmac_rx_file_SOURCES, it complains that they're already being built in our library (understandable).

I can add run_gmac_rx_file.cc to the library and it builds and links just fine, but I want it to only link to the library because it has a main() routine and is meant to be an executable.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!
George