Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usb_control_msg error

From: Ahmet Hasim Gokceoglu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usb_control_msg error
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:42:47 +0200

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:

Sorry, no clue.  You're running under windows, right?
Bad USB cable?

Have you considered one of the free OS alternatives?
It's where virtually all of the development takes place.

Eric

No actually I am using a Linux distribution CentOS5 which is the only available OS in our universities computers. I don't know whether that is problematic or not but I don't have much options with that computer of university. I don't know whether the USB cable is bad or not but since we have received the USRP a couple of weeks ago I don't think that there is any kind of problem with that. Of course manufacturing errors can stil occur,  but I rather doubt of something else. Obviously when I run the same program without connecting the cable then it gives the error "USRP not found". Sometimes the blinking LED stops blinking and remains OFF and sometimes it stops blinking and remains ON. Therefore I doubt that a message is sent to USRP but then nothing is received so a timeout occurs. Obviosly then I still don't know why it is so?