Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What is the best (NEW) linux distro for GR/USRP?

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What is the best (NEW) linux distro for GR/USRP?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:03:35 -0400

Fedora Core 8 is the latest Fedora release and Gnu Radio
works perfectly with it.  The Build guide only goes up to
Fedora 7, but those instructions work fine with Fedora 8.

Fedora is current, active (with a scheduled release every
6 months), and easy to install.

@(^.^)@  Ed

mohamed adm wrote:
Hi,

Most of related archive posts are too old now, so can
anyone suggest the -BEST- & -NEW- Linux distro that
have good support/compatibility for GR/USRP, I am
trying to save myself trying & error head ache.

GR wiki already contains some guide lines but I need
expert advices on which to choose?
I already had CentOS-5 installed and prefer it for
stability reasons but is it best for GR/USRP? Else I
intend to create a dual boot linux with one special
only for GR/USRP.

BR