RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Big bugs out of nowhere...

From: Jared Jensen
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Big bugs out of nowhere...
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:08:18 -0400

As Root, the effects are the same.  I'd been trying it as root since you mentioned the groups Eric.

BUT, George, thanks for the idea.  I have 2 USRPs.  I switched the power supplies (DC converters) and it's golden now.  I tested the voltage on the first power supply with a Fluke and it was sagging down to around 3 Volts with no load on it.  I think the process of flashing the FPGA and starting to run it was pulling it down to ground or something close, and basically turning off the USRP.  It makes sense now too, because I'd hear the fan turn off sometimes while doing this.  Anyway, power supply #2 works, and I have lots of DC converters, so I'm back up and running.  Thanks for the help.

:)

j0j