Re: [Discuss-gnuradio]Why I can't success run example : FM Receiver

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio]Why I can't success run example : FM Receiver
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:00:01 -0400

On Mar 19, 2008, at 11:47 AM, JackyYang wrote:
I need someone help me, why I can’t run example from this page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html

When I run example 1:Dial Tone Output.
I get error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "am.py", line 20, in <module>
    fg = build_graph ()
  File "am.py", line 10, in build_graph
    fg = gr.flow_graph ()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'flow_graph'

This example will no longer work with the current SVN trunk (assuming that's what you're using), because the "flow_graph" code has been removed. Someone needs to update that page ;) ... or create a backwards compatible "flow_graph" interpretation layer.

When I run example 2:A Complete FM Receiver
I get error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 5, in <module>
    from gnuradio import mc4020
ImportError: cannot import name mc4020

Could be a number of problems:
+ The module "mc4020" is wasn't compiled / installed in the first place;
+ PYTHONPATH isn't correct to find it;
+ code is too old, and no longer works with the SVN trunk (or release tarball).