Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 proof computer.

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 proof computer.
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:52:02 -0700

Philip Balister wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Per Zetterberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All,

 I am about to buy a new computer. Preferably a laptop. However, in the
 future I may be using USRP2. Is there any Dell laptop that can be
 recommended (my university has a deal with Dell) ?

Mine worked fine with my old Dell 600m.

I think he was asking about the USRP2, which isn't out yet. Built-in gigabit ethernet is a good start. Dual cores would be nice as well. I wouldn't use a gigabit ethernet PCMCIA or Cardbus card, since that will be slow.

Matt