[Discuss-gnuradio] howto enable single DAC-only ?

From: wolfgang buesser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] howto enable single DAC-only ?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 02:26:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am still quite new to the USRP and GNU-radio, but I managed to write my
first piece of code for the USRP to behave like a network-analyzer. I have 2
questions:

1)I would like to just dump 2X-1000 complex samples into 2 files and then
quit (without keyboard or mouse interaction). But after calling tb_run() I
never see the prompt again unless I manually kill the job. I do get the
expected content in the files.

2)I would like to use just a single DAC-output (Say DAC 1 of Side A).
Reading the spec of the AD9860 I was expecting to get this by setting
self.tx.set_mux(gru.hexint(0x00000080)). But it seems that DAC 0 and DAC 1
always output I&Q-signals. It does not seem to have any effect whether I use
usrp.sink_s and gr.sig_source_s or usrp.sink_c and gr.sig_source_c.

BTW: my USRP is populated with 2 LF-TX and 2 LF-RX boards.

Any hints would be very welcome.
I attached my piece of code.

Thanks
    Wolfgang http://www.nabble.com/file/p16394706/my_tx-rx.py my_tx-rx.py