RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] M&M impl, its parameters, and why does it work fo

From: Long, Jeffrey P.
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] M&M impl, its parameters, and why does it work for GMSK?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:29:32 -0400

In the case of MSK or GMSK they don't need to be destaggered although
you could if you wanted to recover the MSK like it was QPSK. If you did
this you would need to build a sine pulse match filter for MSK and for
GMSK I believe you are out of luck for matched filtering.

Just recovering OQPSK (whether or not it was RRC filtered) you could
destagger and then treat it like regular QPSK. I think if you used
differential encoding on the TX side I believe you could use a
differentially coherent technique like Lindsey's book talks about. Not
sure how the matched filtering works out in that case. You probably do
it first and then do the phase math.

It is interesting how by adding a little memory to the
modulation(flavors of CPM) you have all kinds of interesting techniques
at you disposal.