[Discuss-gnuradio] two questions about the general communication system

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] two questions about the general communication system
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:39:40 -0500 (CDT)

Hello, everyone!

Right now, I am trying to plot the graph of the BER vs Eb/N0. I have 2 questions:

1, I used a vector as the source, but how can we know or define the bit energy in the transmitted bit streams? (very important so as to get BER)

2, In GNURadio, is there a random number generator? e.g. i wanna generate a series of random number between 0 and 255? Anyone can tell me how to generate that? Thank u!!!

Thx!!!

Bill