Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] possible to synchronize two input streams?

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] possible to synchronize two input streams?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:25:23 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
They'll be synchronized.  There's nothing special that you need to do
assuming that "new block" derives from gr_sync_{block,interpolator,
decimator}

Excellent.

However, because of the group delay in the FIR, there'll be a constant
offset between the two streams.  The easiest way to fix that is to use
gr.delay in the path that is currently straight through.

Right, this is what I wasn't sure if it would be automatically corrected for such that input[0][N] would be related to input[1][N]... but as you stated, it's input[0][N] is related to input[1][N+delta].

I'm assuming this delay is the delay the history of the FIR filter, which is the length of the coefficients. If it's not, let me know... otherwise I shall continue on!

Thanks!
George