Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem

From: irene159
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

> In the output of './configure --help' are there any options regarding
> dll's?  I think this line is what is fouling you up:
>  > checking if package supports dlls... no
> hth,
> Jason.

No, I didn't see any option concerning dll, options available are:

$ ./configure --help
Usage: configure [options] [host]
  --cache-file=FILE       cache test results in FILE
  --help                  print this message
  --no-create             do not create output files
  --quiet, --silent       do not print `checking...' messages
  --version               print the version of autoconf that created
Directory and file names:
  --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files in PREFIX
  --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX
                          [same as prefix]
  --bindir=DIR            user executables in DIR [EPREFIX/bin]
  --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables in DIR [EPREFIX/sbin]
  --libexecdir=DIR        program executables in DIR [EPREFIX/libexec]
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data in DIR
  --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/etc]
  --sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data in DIR
  --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/var]
  --libdir=DIR            object code libraries in DIR [EPREFIX/lib]
  --includedir=DIR        C header files in DIR [PREFIX/include]
  --oldincludedir=DIR     C header files for non-gcc in DIR [/usr/include]
  --infodir=DIR           info documentation in DIR [PREFIX/info]
  --mandir=DIR            man documentation in DIR [PREFIX/man]
  --srcdir=DIR            find the sources in DIR [configure dir or ..]
  --program-prefix=PREFIX prepend PREFIX to installed program names
  --program-suffix=SUFFIX append SUFFIX to installed program names
                          run sed PROGRAM on installed program names
Host type:
  --build=BUILD           configure for building on BUILD [BUILD=HOST]
  --host=HOST             configure for HOST [guessed]
  --target=TARGET         configure for TARGET [TARGET=HOST]
Features and packages:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
  --x-includes=DIR        X include files are in DIR
  --x-libraries=DIR       X library files are in DIR
--enable and --with options recognized:
  --enable-maintainer-mode enable make rules and dependencies not useful
                          (and sometimes confusing) to the casual installer
  --enable-shared[=PKGS]  build shared libraries [default=yes]
  --enable-static[=PKGS]  build static libraries [default=yes]
  --enable-fast-install[=PKGS]  optimize for fast installation [default=yes]
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]
  --disable-libtool-lock  avoid locking (might break parallel builds)
 --with-other-libc=/path/to/other/libc/dir Link against libc and other
libraries installed in the specified non-standard location overriding
default. O
riginally added to be able to link against glibc 2.2 without making the user
rade the standard libc installation
  --with-server-suffix    Append value to the version string.
  --with-mit-threads      Always use included thread lib.
  --with-pthread          Force use of pthread library.
                          Use specified thread libraries instead of
                          those automatically found by configure.
                          Use specified curses libraries instead of
                          those automatically found by configure.
                          Use specified zlib libraries instead of
                          those automatically found by configure.
                          Compile the client with threads.
  --enable-assembler      Use assembler versions of some string
                          functions if available.
  --with-raid             Enable RAID Support
                          Where to put the unix-domain socket.  SOCKET must
                          an absolute file name.
                          Which port to use for MySQL services (default
                          What user the mysqld daemon shall be run as.
  --disable-largefile    Omit support for large files
  --with-libwrap[=DIR]    Compile in libwrap (tcp_wrappers) support
  --without-debug         Build a production version without debugging code
  --with-mysqld-ldflags   Extra linking arguments for mysqld
  --with-client-ldflags   Extra linking arguments for clients
  --with-low-memory       Try to use less memory to compile to avoid
                          memory limitations.
  --with-comment          Comment about compilation environment.
  --without-server        Only build the client.
  --without-docs          Skip building of the documentation.
  --without-bench         Skip building of the benchmark suite.
  --without-readline      Use system readline instead of bundled copy.
  --with-charset=CHARSET  Use CHARSET by default (one of: big5 cp1251 cp1257
                          croat czech danish dec8 dos estonia euc_kr gb2312
                          german1 greek hebrew hp8 hungarian koi8_ru
                          latin1 latin2 latin5 swe7 usa7 win1250 win1251ukr
                          ujis sjis tis620; Default is latin1)
                          Use charsets in addition to default (none,
                          all, or a list selected from the above sets)
                          Use BerkeleyDB located in DIR
                          Find Berkeley DB headers in DIR
                          Find Berkeley DB libraries in DIR
  --with-innodb         Use Innodb
  --with-gemini[=DIR] Use Gemini DB located in DIR

Where do I have to look to see from where this is coming?

I have installed mysql-3.23.43 for Linux, but when I ran into this problem I
also tried installing a windows version but libraries don't have the same
names there is no "libmysqlclient" but "mysqlclient.lib". Do I need a
Windows or a Linux version with Cygwin?

Could the problem come from the mysql version?

I am really stucked, thanks for your help,