Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion execute error

From: irene159
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion execute error
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am also facing the “ImportError: cannot import name blks” problem.
My OS is Ubuntu 7.10 and I am not sure what my gnuradio version is, I
followed the wiki Ubuntu installing instructions [1] and installed gnuradio
using:
svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
cd gnuradio
./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make chek && make install

Josh Blum wrote:

> This is because the latest gnuradio trunk no longer has blks package.
> You can run gnuradio 3.1.1 release with grc 0.69. Or, use the latest grc
> trunk with the latest gnuradio trunk.
> -Josh

I figured out this is the answer to my problem but I don’t know what I have
to do to use the latest grc trunk (I am not really familiar with gnuradio
yet).
Regards,
Irene

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall