Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion execute error

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion execute error
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:39:31 -0400

Tom Rondeau wrote:
irene159 wrote:
Hello,
I am also facing the “ImportError: cannot import name blks” problem. My OS is Ubuntu 7.10 and I am not sure what my gnuradio version is, I followed the wiki Ubuntu installing instructions [1] and installed gnuradio
using:
svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio cd gnuradio ./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make chek && make install

To be fair, GRC was switched over to hier2 blocks pretty early on. But I overlooked one import blks line that was in the Custom.py module (just a blank file for users to put custom block wrappers in).

The import blks didnt even need to be there, but was overlooked because it caused 0 problems when gnuradio had both blks and blks2 modules. Even when gnuradio had the blks removed, many people who upgraded would still have the old module in their /usr/local.

Its fixed in the trunk, and soon to-be release.

-Josh

The "blks" module is old and has been removed from the recent trunk. It is now called "blks2". This code looks like its using the old style flow graph, so it's not likely to work with current versions. Someone will either need to update this, or you'll have to roll back your version of GNU Radio.

Tom