Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_tv_rcv.py on Leopard

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_tv_rcv.py on Leopard
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 07:39:30 -0400

Casey - OK; you were right to not post that whole log the first time. Any one of the parts such as "2008-04-27 15:59:32.006 Python[11995:717] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x29c0400 of class NSCFData autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking" would have sufficed nicely. Let's make this a lesson to others as well: Start out by including the minimum you reasonably can from a log, and working your way up if that wasn't enough info. Sending the whole log will probably just piss folks off.

Anyway, here's addressing your log: usrp_tv_rcv uses "video_sdl", which uses SDL, which is known to have issues running on OSX. I've never been able to make it work on either 10.4 or 10.5, though maybe I'm just unlucky - YMMV. When I (or you) try to use this, I get those _NSAutoreleaseNoPool errors also - so, again, I'd say this is "normal" for OSX ... unfortunately. From my reading, this might be a Objective- C issue w/r.t. Apple's additions to GCC. Wish I could say more; maybe others can? - MLD