Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USB Flash Dr

From: Sam Hutchins
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USB Flash Drive)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 05:51:10 -0600

For Fedora, you need to install the livecd-tools. Included are several
kickstart files (.ks) for various configurations, and extensive instructions
(README) on doing the whole process. Pretty straight forward. I have done it
on a 1 GB flash drive (thumb) for a laptop and desktop. I found that for my
laptop, I couldn't see a USB drive to boot from in BIOS until I first plugged
in a thumb drive then went into BIOS, where it then showed up. After that it
was easy to select from in the options shown for alternate boot (F12?). My
KDE graphic desktop image file including Openoffice came to 811 MB. With an
active Internet connection, it will download the latest files too, which is
nice (the normal update process).