[Discuss-gnuradio] dboard lock detect bit?

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] dboard lock detect bit?
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 02:56:30 -0400

Hi all,

I was wondering what the lock detect bit actually is:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/db_flexrf.py#L133

In the C++ tuning code that I have, sometimes when trying to initialize the board, I find that the bit is 0, then I do what it does and try again, and I find it's still 9 and so I exit. I often have to unplug the board to get it to unset.

What exactly is the bit? I can obviously read the comment "the value of the VCO/PLL lock detect bit" ... but I don't understand exactly what that is :)

Thanks!
George