Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FTBFS: gnuradio over cell (--enable-gcell)

From: Hector Oron
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FTBFS: gnuradio over cell (--enable-gcell)
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:21:55 +0100

> >   ./bootstrap
>  >   ./configure-cell-cross --prefix=<path-to-where-youre-installing>
>  >   make
>  >
>  >  The "configure-cell-cross" command is misnamed.  You still need to use
>  >  it when compiling natively on the cell.  Note that we almost never
>  >  natively compile because even on the QS21, it's dog slow.
>
>  Using configure-cell-cross leads me to a configure error, when looking
>  for compiler ppu32-gcc which it is not installed natively (on Debian)
>  but gcc is.

[Debian OS]

address@hidden:~/trunk$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gcell
[...]
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
checking for svn... /usr/bin/svn
Component omnithread passed configuration checks; building.
Component pmt requires guile, which was not found.
Not building component pmt.
Component mblock requires pmt, which is not being built or specified
via pre-installed files.
Not building component mblock.
Component gcell requires mblock, which is not being built or specified
via pre-installed files.
configure: error: Component gcell has errors; stopping.

[Fedora 8]
./configure-cell-cross --prefix=/usr is doing fine.
make on the run (let's wait a while...)

Regards