Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modulation problem ?

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modulation problem ?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:48:44 -0400

On May 19, 2008, at 8:15 AM, irene159 <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I am testing QPSK modulation. To do so, I have created a text file that I
modulate and demodulate with blks2impl dqpsk.py. The problem is the
resulting demodulated file, which I can not open:

"Could not open the file Resultat.txt.
gedit has not been able to detect the character coding.
Please check that you are not trying to open a binary file.
Select a character coding from the menu and try again."

Help would be appreciated. Please find code files below.

I'm on a mobile so I can't look at the files. But look at the file sink type of your final output and the block that feeds it. My guess is that its of type float or something where each float represents a bit in "unpacked" binary format.... Not the bit packed ASCII you are expecting.

- George