Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BasicRx Daugterboard Frequency Wrapping

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BasicRx Daugterboard Frequency Wrapping
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:42:46 -0400

isaacgerg wrote:
Hi,
  I am hooked up to the BasicRx Daughterboard and wrote a simple applicate
using the GRC to survey the spectrum from 1MHz to 250MHz and run the user
tunable output through the WFM Demodulator.  I can get FM radio stations in
the 88-108MHz region just find.  However, I am also getting copies of these
stations at frequencies higher and lower than this range!!!  It's as if the
frequency I request is out of range and the tuner wraps around.  What's
going on here?  When I tune to 50MHz, I expect to be at 50MHz, not some
other frequency!

On re-reading my first post, I realized it wasn't very clear. So,
to be more explicit:

A 0 - 32 MHz signal will produce the expected output.

Signals from 32 - 64 MHz will get mapped onto 32 - 0 MHz
(note the frequency inversion)

64 - 96 MHz will get mapped to 0 - 32 MHz

96 - 128 MHz will get mapped to 32 - 0 MHz

... and so on, up to the limits of the board.