Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] tracing a connection stack

From: Andreas Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] tracing a connection stack
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:51:39 +0200

Hello

Johnathan Corgan schrieb:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:09:27PM -0500, Brett L. Trotter wrote:
>>> Is there a simple way to print out a list of what was connected into a flow
>>> graph?
>>
>> Not right now.  However, just last night I was thinking about
>> something similar.  Give me a day or so and I'll put something
>> together.
>
> Eric--there is a dump() method on gr_flat_flowgraph objects currently
> used for debugging.  You can create a method on gr.top_block (exposed
> via swig) that would call dump() on the d_ffg member.

I've written a small script to convert the output of dump() to the dot
format. If anyone is interested, it can be found under [1]. Some sample
output is at [2].

Regards, Andreas

[1] http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~andrmuel/files/gnuradio/dump2dot.py
[2] http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~andrmuel/files/gnuradio/dump.png