Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Companion File Sink

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Companion File Sink
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:35:58 -0400

gr.sizeof_gr_complex

- George

isaacgerg wrote:
Im just trying to do a data capture with my USRP.  I would like the data in
complex format.  What should the length be set to?

Josh Blum wrote:
Essentially, the gr_file_sink has one parameter, the size of the data stream in bytes. GRC splits this up into two parameters, the data type (complex, float, int...) and the vector length. The size of the data stream = number of bytes in the data type times the vector length.

Unless the data stream is an array of complex, float, int, short, or byte, the vector length should be 1.

-Josh

isaacgerg wrote:
What does the vector length option mean?  It is set to 1 by default.