Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM results.

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM results.
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 03:22:57 -0400

In your sixteen QAM and other figures I see two effects.

Notice just the slightest hint that arcs through the top four constellation points in the 16 QAM is not straight. This curvature is caused by nonlinearity.

Your result almost surely can NOT be clock jitter. If you had a lot of clock jitter, the pictures would look much worse. Notice the dispersion gets larger as your proceed away from the origin. This is almost surely phase noise in some oscillator.

Bob

Per Zetterberg wrote:
Dear all,

I am experimenting with OFDM between two USRPs. Unfortunately, I am not yet
able to master the gnuradio framework so I have made my own implementation.
The results are given in the link below.

http://www.s3.kth.se/~perz/usrp/OFDM_results.pdf

How does this compare with the gnuradio OFDM implementation ?

What is the cause of the problems. Clock jitter ?, non-linearities ?

BR/
Per Zetterberg