Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] is Communication chain correct?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] is Communication chain correct?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:52:11 -0700

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 09:28:55AM -0700, mehdimolu wrote:

> I want to set up a communication chain. what I do is :
> Vector source --> Framing --> DBPSK modulation --> DBPS demodulation -->
> char_to_float --> simple_correlator --> vector sink.
>
> but what I have in the vector sink is nothing. vector is an empty vector,
> while I know that the input of correlator is stream of bits but its out put
> is nothing.
> what can be the problem?
> the code is uploaded.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17986270/testsourcesink.py testsourcesink.py
>
> thanks,
> Mehdi

Mehdi,

Typically we debug these kind of thing by logging intermediate results
to files (using gr.file_sink), and then look at the resulting files
using octave or matplotlib.  There are tools in gr-utils/src/python
(which get installed in ${prefix}/bin) and .m files in
gnuradio-core/src/utils which may be useful.

Many of the examples and the implementations in blks2impl have
extensive logging which may be enabled.  Please take a look at those
to see the basic pattern.

Eric