Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Random sampling

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Random sampling
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:45:11 -0400

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Dustin Maas <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juha, Brian,
>
> I am working on a research project that involves wide-band spectral
> estimation with the USRP.  In this case, the bottleneck is USB 2.0, which is
> why I need to implement my sample selection algorithm on the FPGA.

Interesting.  Well, I'd start at the top level:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std/usrp_std.v

If you need no cordic, CIC or halfband filter, just rip out the entire
RX chain and place your algorithm there.  The raw ADC samples are
rx_a_a/b and rx_b_a/b.

Sounds like fun.  Good luck!

Brian