Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Functions not recognized in cpm.py

From: Tamara Sobers
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Functions not recognized in cpm.py
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 05:54:36 -0400

Hi Mason,

The make install worked.  I also had to add a sudo before it.  Thanks for the directory information too, I was unaware of that.

-Tamara

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Mason <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
In general, modifications to python files will be picked up as soon as the changed file is run/used.
Note, however, that python isn't looking for the files in ~/gnuradio-3.1.2/gnuradio-core, but rather your global python directory (usually some variant of /usr/(local/)/lib/python2.[456]/site-packages/gnuradio but that's obviously a per-install setting.)
You can use 'make install' or (not recommended by me, but in a pinch, and if you have root access and understand that subsequent 'make install' will delete any changes) edit it directly in the installed directory.

That will make that function visible. That said, it doesn't look like a CPM demodulator is yet written (see the bottom of gnuradio-core/src/gnuradio/python/blks2impl/cpm.py and the commented out registration of the demod block).

--Mason

Tamara Sobers wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to gnu radio.  I was trying to transmit a continuous phase fsk signal using benchmark_tx.py.

AttributeError: type object 'cpm_mod' has no attribute 'bits_per_symbol'

I looked into the cpm.py and noticed that the function to return 'bits_per_symbol' was commented out.  I then uncommented it but when I call the benchmark script it still doesn't recognize the function.  I was thinking it may have to do with recompiling or rebuilding the cpm.py script because code in cpm.py that was not commented out previously is being recognized.  I am new to python and mostly have a C++ background so I may be using the wrong terminology.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas into how to make the bits_per_symbol function "seen".

Thanks,
Tamara