[Discuss-gnuradio] gcell.set_singleton()

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcell.set_singleton()
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:35:12 -0600

In gr-gcell/src/qa_fft.py there is a method of gcell called 'set_singleton'.

   gcell.set_singleton(self.mgr)

All I can glean from the source is it has something to do with boost weak pointers. What, basically, is it doing? I've played with the python code to stream data to multiple spe's and it all works as expected. All I know is that if it's commented out we get:

   terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::bad_weak_ptr'
     what():  tr1::bad_weak_ptr
   Aborted

From boost:

weak_ptr <boost/weak_ptr.hpp> Non-owning observers of an object owned by shared_ptr.

--Chuck