Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Different input/output rate

From: irene159
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Different input/output rate
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:19:08 -0700 (PDT)

Martin Dvh wrote:

> Hi Holger,
>> The input of my signal block is a bytestream b. The output should
>> also be a bytestream, but with a different number of outgoing items(not a
>> multiple of b).
>> In other words, after the transformation of the inputstream some
>> extra-bytes
>> have to be appended.
>> For example:
>>
>> Input y Bytes   ------->   Output (y Bytes * x) + c ; where y and x are
>> integers
>> and c Overhead-Bytes: independent from input items
>>
>> The number of input items is not fixed.
>>
>> Is this possible or must the number of output items always be a multiple
>> of the
>> number of input items?
> Yes, this is possible.
> You have to extend from gr_block in stead of gr_sync_block.
> You have to implement your own forecast block and call consume_all
> yourself.
>
> Look at the gr_simple_framer block. It does just this.
> (src/lib/general/gr_simple_framer.[cc,h,i)]
>
> Greetings,
> Martin

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have already taken a look at gr_simple_framer,
but code seems slightly complicated. I would appreciate any
explanations/comments on how to code different input and output rates.

In the block I am coding the number of input items for an output item isn't
constant. How can I handle this?

Thanks,

Irene