Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 64MHz USRP Oscillator

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 64MHz USRP Oscillator
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:57:19 -0700

Wireless Monster wrote:
Hi All,

I am having lots of issues with the USRP 64MHz (20ppm) on board oscillator which does not allow me to get exact and constant RF frequencies out of the RFX900 board. I can not really fix that in SW so I was thinking about replacing the 64MHz crystal with a more precise one. Has anybody a suggestion of which part to use?

I have replaced the crystal with the 20ppm crystal, but I was unable to get an "exact and constant" frequency. I ultimately added a software PLL to track the clock errors. Before I upgraded my software PLL, I used a signal generator as an external clock source which worked very well.

Chris