[Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX module questions

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX module questions
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:26:51 +0200

Hi

I need to figure out exactly what is happening to a captured signal
from the moment it enters the TVRX daughtercard to the moment it
enters the PC.  At this moment I am conducting some experiments on the
TVRX card.  I need to measure the signal that leaves the card and
enters the ADC.  My understanding is that pins 17 and 18 of this
module are a differential output.  We don't have a differential probe,
so I'm using CH1-Ch2 and displaying this.  My understanding is that if
I input a 100MHZ sine wave to the TVRX card, a 5.75MHZ sine should be
leaving it (we have a 3x7901 tuner module).  When I measure this
signal, I just get a random noise signal or something.  Could someone
please help me?

Thanks.

Sebastiaan Heunis