Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Last two data Blocks are always missing

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Last two data Blocks are always missing
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:48:03 -0400

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM, kaleem ahmad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Brian,
>
> I have tried with different payload sizes and the maximum value I tried was
> 1024 bytes. But in all cases I never received last Block (Sorry in my first
> post I mistakenly wrote last two blocks, it is actually the last block
> only).
>
> The length of transmit side filter is 125 and that of received side is 25.
>
> Can you please explain how can I flush or clear the filters as you said:
>
> "To alleviate, you may want to flush the filters out with all 0's for
> at least the length of 1/2 the taps, but it might be better to clear
> the whole thing just so if you decide to start a new burst, the filter
> doesn't have anything left over to cause some weird transients at the
> beginning of the burst."
>
> Please give me a clue with little code if possible.

I really have no idea how to do it in code in GNU Radio.  The easiest
thing to do is just transmit an extra block of data and ignore it at
the receiver.  The smart thing to do is to zero the input to the
filter and run it for the total length of the filter taps.

Good luck writing the code for it.  I'm interested to know if this
fixes your problems.

Brian