Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] two byte bool, and 30 channels?

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] two byte bool, and 30 channels?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:57:27 -0100

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Mattias Kjellsson <address@hidden> wrote:

1. In op_config_rx_reply_v2_t structure (and op_config_tx_reply_v2_t),
defined in usrp2_eth_packet.h, the member "ok" is a uint16_t... Why is that?
Does it have something to do with _AL4 maybe, or does it have something to
do with future features?

_AL4
Nice to know, I almost went insane over a couple of htons() earlier today. ;)
2. The maximum number of channels is defined as 30 in usrp2.h... What does
channel refer to in this case?

The USRP2 GbE transport can support 32 (0-31) independent streams of
data.  Channel 31 is reserved for the control channel, making 30 the
largest valid data channel number.

These independent channels will be used to send streams from multiple
USRP2s ganged together over their high-speed interconnect bus and
connected to the host via a single GbE.
As well good to know, I had some rather strange ideas what the "op_mimo_config_t"- structure could be used for, together with different channels, but this makes things make a bit more sense.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC

BR