Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New OpenGL-based FFT, Waterfall, and Scope displa

From: Rakesh Peter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New OpenGL-based FFT, Waterfall, and Scope displays in trunk
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:33:11 +0530

Just tested the opengl implementation... Rocks hard ! Update times are really up on my C2D 2.4G E4600 / 2GB / Intel 82G33/G31 / Ubuntu Hardy.

Had to do a "make clean" also, since it was reporting some top_block4dump error while running any GR code. Probably a lone case. In Ubuntu, you can get python-opengl bindings with "sudo apt-get install python-opengl".

Some bugs (ticket #260):

In Waterfall, I can go down the time scale till milliseconds updating, when the whole window freezes and I can't update the parameters anymore. Terminating the application seems to be the only way.

Happened to notice some occasional frequent flickering with the windows in the background. The screenshot is attached. Also the FFT window (only the graph portion) becomes overlaid over other windows (right now, I can see it inside Firefox ;)) if it is not minimized.

http://imagebin.ca/view/6zuODeL6.html
http://imagebin.ca/view/HIMraDE.html

Indeed, thanks to Josh and team for the release...

Regards,

rakesh