Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Predictable latency?

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Predictable latency?
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:21:12 -0700

This is correct. Your samples go through buffers, and therefore it is
hard to predict the latency each and every sample will have to get
from software to the USRP. I did a study on this a while back. If you
are interested, you can find the paper here:
http://nesl.ee.ucla.edu/document/show/242

What you can do though is calculate the minimum and the maximum
latency that the samples will have. Also, I am not sure how far the
mblock and GNU Radio is in regards to timestamping outgoing samples (I
didn't follow the GNU Radio development lately) is, but if you can
tell the USRP when to send out which sample, then you could easily
predict the latency itself.

Cheers,
Thomas