Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3rd party software

From: George P Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3rd party software
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:14:24 -0400 (EDT)

> The slightly longer response:
>
> I think these are all great ideas, and I think they'd be a valuable
> contribution to the GNU Radio community.  CPAN (The Comprehensive Perl
> Archive Network) and CEAN (the Comprehensive Erlang Archive Network) are
> but two implementations of similar ideas.  CPAN has been wildly successful
> and is part of what has driven Perl's popularity.
>
> If you want to try git -- or whatever -- please do, and keep us informed!

OK, since this is for "us," and us being the GNU Radio community, this should
be up for discussion with everyone here.

What would people like to see?  Do people have preferences in version control
systems?  It seems as though most people familiar with GNU Radio are already
familiar with SVN, so would sticking with SVN be a good idea?

What do people think of trac+SVN for a website and documentation of
code/projects?

Eric has already provided us with a domain name, and I'm 100% sure CMU could
host whatever we want... I just want some feedback from the community since
it's for you (and me ;)) and it should be something people want to use.  Once
we come up with a basic design and policy, we can move forward.  I just don't
want to pop up with some website and system that nobody likes, and have to then
have this discussion and reimplement.

Thanks!
George