RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC demod tips

From: Wuest Brandon-WTVR47
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC demod tips
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:33:28 -0400

> I got a few underruns during the "usrp_rx_cfile".
> About 10 in 10 seconds.  The raw data file is 446 meg.

Underruns are bad.

Try capturing the data to a ram disk instead of your hard drive if you
do not have a faster hard drive setup available (i.e. RAID).  I used the
ATSC demodulator a few months back and was never able to successfully
store that data down to my hard drive, so I allocated a 512 MB ramdisk
and used that which worked great.

Thanks,
Brandon