RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnu radio with a soundcard

From: Mathew George
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnu radio with a soundcard
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:39:40 +0000

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, so far.

Yesterday I came across the elektor project on SDR via USB and soundcard, at - http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2007/may/software-defined-radio.91527.lynkx   . All the details including the necessary software is freely downloadable, from the Elektor website.

This seems to be fully functional in 150 kHz - 30 MHz band, and needs a supported sound card, for its operation. Pre-assembled boards costs about 110 euros (tested units from Elektor), where as one can consider building the unit on his own tor educe the costs. Pre-fabricated PCBs for this project is available for 28 euros or so per piece.

Can someone comment, whether it is possible to make the unit working with GNU radio? If the answer is yes, how to proceed? What would be the first steps?

Thanking you,

Mathew George