Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 FPGA USAGE

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 FPGA USAGE
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:30:17 -0700

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
Dear Matt or anybody else using USRP2,

can anybody give us the usage pattern of the USRP2 FPGA, e.g. what is needed by
the AEMB, by the Ethernet MAC, for signal processing and any other part
eating up a substantial part of the resources?

To get the number, Webpack isn't enough...

Keep in mind that the real constraint on what fits is actually Block RAM -- we are currently using 37 out of 40 of them, and it is the reason we had to move up to the 2000 part instead of the 1500. We have a huge amount of extra logic (slices) and multipliers available for users. We are currently using 16 out of 40 multipliers and less than 40% of the ~40,000 LUTs and Flops.

Item         Slices      BRAM
Eth            ~2500         7
aeMB         1128         0
serdes          550         2