[Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically changing parameters of a block

From: Karthik Vijayraghavan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically changing parameters of a block
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:40:29 -0700

Suppose I have myblock = gr.multiply_const_ff(var_value) sitting
somewhere in my flowgraph. I want the user to be able to change the
value of var_value by using a slider. I know how to make a slider, but
I am not able to find information on how to dynamically change the
block at runtime. One option that I can think of is to

1. Stop the flow graph
2. Disconnect the block in question with any block it may be connected to
3. Redefine the block with new parameters
4. Reconnect the block
5. Restart the flow graph

I tried the above method, but I did know how to redefine an existing
block. Do I have to somehow "destroy" or "clear" the existing block
before defining another block with the same name?

Karthik