Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oprofile from a flow graph running on an OMAP3

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oprofile from a flow graph running on an OMAP3
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:45:34 -0700

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 14:38 -0400, Philip Balister wrote:

> Anyone know what the std::vector<float, std::allocator<float>
> >::operator[](unsigned int) call does?

That is the array deference operator for the an STL vector of floats:

v = std::vector<float>(...)
int pos = ...
float f = v[pos]

This last results in the call to the function you quoted.

I'm not an ARM architecture expert, but I would suspect unaligned memory
access is resulting in the enormous amount of time spent here.