Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:46:40 -0400

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> writes:

> Let me try that without adding anything else:
>
>   All code in the gnuradio.org svn repository shall be GPL and
>   assigned to FSF.

Just to stir the pot: it's the copyright holder that chooses the
license.  So it's really

   (Note that the GNU Radio project is a sub-organization of the FSF.)

   All code in the gnuradio.org svn repository shall be assigned to FSF.
   (Because the GNU Radio project has a policy that says it can't go in
   unless it is assigned)

   GNU Radio Project has a policy that all of its code will be GPL.

Practically, people with assignments put the GPL markings on, but they
are following project policy when doing so, not making a license choice.