Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal processing and GPU

From: Chris Albertson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal processing and GPU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:50:46 -0700

> I had a look a while ago, but didn't get to far. If I remember correctly I
> started out from a library written by some folks at Stanford, if that'll
> help you.

Have you looked at OpenCL.  I think that is the best portable way to go.
I've looked at some sample code but not studied it well enough to understand
100% how it works.  but apparently you write the algorithm in a C-like
language then it gets compiled to run on multiple GPU cores and/or multiple
CPU cores or a combination whatever it is you happen to have.  Apple
is supporting this now but there are more vendors who are pushing this.
Nvidia, AMD and Intel are all on-board.

More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL

http://www.khronos.org/news/press/releases/khronos_launches_heterogeneous_computing_initiative/