[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 current svn code not working. Is the svn code s

From: Martin DvH
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 current svn code not working. Is the svn code still in flux?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:37:01 +0100

Hi,
The current svn code does not seem to produce correct results for me
when using usrp2_fft.py

I know there has been going on a lot of usrp2 work this weekend.
Is the svn code still in a state of flux or should it work by now and
should I check my setup.

If I don't set the frequency  I get a noise signal  -85 dB.
Setting the gain from the commandline does not seem to have any effect.
usrp2_fft.py
or
usrp2_fftp.y -g 80
or
usrp2_fft.py -g 0

I I do set the frequency using the commandline I get a nonsense signal
at -120 to -180 dB.
usrp2_fft.py -f 107.9e6
or
usrp2_fft.py -f 107.9e6 -g 40

Until recently (before the needed firmware updates) everything worked
fine.
usrp2_fft.py -f 107.9e6 -g 40
used to show the spectrum of a local FM station.

I use a USRP2 with a TVRX daughterboard.
I do get the 2 green leds.

I don't know if the problem is from (my build of) the new software
firmware txrx.bin.
I build on ubuntu 7.10 64 bit.

Or maybe there are some changes in setting gain/frequency API which
require changes in the usrp2_fft.py python script.

Greetings,
Martin