Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 latency calculations

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 latency calculations
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:26:04 +0100

Hi,

Wouldn't one be able to use for instance "set_freq()" or find() as a messure? Although there might be some overhead, you will receive an "ok I have set the freq"/"Ok here I am"- packet from the usrp2. Although one could think of more elaborate schemes involving a special OP_CODE (usrp2_eth_packet.h)...

Cheers
//Mattias Kjellsson

Firas Abbas wrote:
Hi,

If USRP2 can respond to PING and reply back, then one should be able to measure the delay.

Regards,

Firas